Tuesday, August 11, 2009

For Those of Us Who Enjoy Witty Humor

It just so happens that I was raised by the grammar police (aka my mother), and I am well aware of the dashed hopes and dreams that ensue when ending a sentence with a preposition. This morning I received the following email from my mother (how appropriate), and I thought I'd share it with the blog world...

On his 74th birthday, a man got a gift certificate from his wife. The
certificate paid for a visit to a medicine man living on a nearby
reservation that was rumored to have a wonderful cure for erectile dysfunction. After
being persuaded, he drove to the reservation, handed his ticket to the medicine
man and wondered what he was in for. The old man slowly, methodically
produced a potion, handed it to him, and with a grip on his shoulder, warned,
"This is powerful medicine and it must be respected. You take only a teaspoonful
and then say '1-2-3'. When you do that, you will become manlier than you have ever
been in your life and you can perform as long as you want."

The man was encouraged. As he walks away, he turned and asked, "How do I stop
the medicine from working?" "Your partner must say '1-2-3-4,' he
responded. "But when she does, the medicine will not work again until the next
full moon." He was very eager to see if it worked so he went home, showered, shaved, took a spoonful of the medicine, and then invited his wife to join him in the bedroom. When she came in, He took off his
clothes and said, "1-2-3!" Immediately, he was the manliest of men. His wife was excited and began throwing off her clothes. And then
she asked, "What was the 1-2-3 for?"

And that, boys and girls, is why we
should never end our sentences with a preposition, because we
could end up with a dangling participle.

Well, I think its extremely hilarious, but I tend to be a bit nerdy when it comes to jokes. Hope you got a kick out of it too!

Tiff xoxox

2 comments:

  1. I need to find some public records software and this was the first place I turned to. They are great in their field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have a troubled teen and the best thing to do is get a teenage drug intervention.

    ReplyDelete