Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Life Just Got a Little Bit Yummier!

I'm going to be late for class, but I just need to share my recent insights with the blogging world. Being vegan for over a year, its pretty amazing that I have just discovered this morning the lovliness that is oat bran. In the spirit of Halloween, I created my own version of the ever-so-popular Pumpkin Pie Oat Bran (words fully deserving to be capitalized.) Recipe as follows:

  • Half cup water
  • Half cup Vanilla Almond Breeze
  • 1/3 cup oat bran
  • 2 1/2 heaping tablespoons canned pumpkin
  • 1 tablespoon almond butter
  • 2- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar (depending on preference of sweetness)
  • Handful raisins
  • nutmeg, cinnamon, and lavender to taste

Boil water and almond milk, then reduce heat and cook outbran for 3-5 minutes. Add raisins and spices to taste. (I made mine with a bit of nutmeg, A LOT of cinnamon, and a tiny bit of crushed lavender.) Top with almond butter, sprinkle with a bit more cinnamon on top for garnish, and enjoy! I'm making it again this weekend for the boyfriend, so I'll take a picture to post here.

I also made roasted eggplant, zuchinni, tomato, mushroom, onion, red pepper, and garlic whole wheat spaghetti for dinner last night. Next on the list: french vanilla lavender cupcakes. I wonder what's come over me? Too much food network perhaps? All I know is too little time studying. But come on, lets weigh the options here. Study for psych midterm, or eat a healthy, delicious meal prepared with love and care? I'm thinking the same thing. Well wish me luck on my midterms this week, I promise I'll try my hardest.

Tiff xoxoxox

1 comment: